At Country and Coastal Lettings, we pride ourselves on being one of the most affordable options in letting your property, whilst giving you an unparalleled, professional and quality service. Our motto is not that you get what you pay for, rather … ‘You get more than you pay for!’
Our friendly, helpful and professional service has had Landlords flocking to us from all around Hampshire and West Sussex – with individual people wanting different service levels, or a package that is tailor made to suit their requirements. We offer everything from a Tenant Introduction Only service at the equivalent to 3 weeks rent plus V.A.T to a Part Managed Service at 7% +V.A.T (equivalent to 8.4% incl. VAT) commission, up to our highest level, the Fully Managed Service – at the really reasonable rate of 9% +V.A.T (equivalent to 10.8% incl. VAT).
OUR TENANT INTRODUCTION ONLY SERVICE INCLUDES:
- Full, free market appraisal – with professional advice and guidance on how to make your property appeal to tenants and therefore get the best possible rent. Our consultations take around an hour and aim to give you as much information and help as possible – before you’ve even instructed us!
- Upon instruction, we will take very stylish and appealing photographs of your property – maximising your rental potential. Our photography really stands out from the crowd . . . essential in today’s competitive market.
- Professionally and attractively worded description of your property, highlighting its unique selling points and utilising extensive local knowledge. We give detailed information to tenants and present the property in the most delightful way possible.
- Your property is then uploaded onto the all-important number 1 and 2 Property Portals, Rightmove and OnTheMarket with associated advertising on the websites of the Portsmouth Evening News and Chichester Observer, amongst others. and
- Viewings are arranged AND accompanied.
- Quality, professional or retired tenants are found.
- Full referencing takes place – including employers references, character references, credit checks, fraud and authentication checks, and previous landlord references. We will not let a tenancy proceed unless we are really happy with the references supplied – and undertake additional checks to ensure we are as confident as we can possibly be.
- Legally binding contracts are drawn up, witnessed and exchanged.
- Meter readings are taken and utility companies informed of new occupants.
- A standing order is arranged with your tenants so from the second month the rent is paid directly into your account. The first months rent and deposit is taken on the day of completion and our fee is taken out of the first months rent, with the rest being transferred to you. You don’t pay any commission fees up front!
- Step by step guidance on how to register your tenants deposit and what to do at the end of the tenancy.
- Check-In: On the day of completion, we meet the tenants at the property and on completion of all the rest of the paperwork, release keys to them.
- We can also arrange Gas Safety Certificates, Energy Performance Certificates, Electrical Safety Certificates, Rent Guarantee Insurance and can even arrange things like cleaning, decorating and general work for you.
And then . . .
It’s up to you! But, to give you a helping hand, we release a useful management booklet – full of information about managing your property, inspecting your property, how to gain access, dealing with maintenance, what to do when disputes arrive during the tenancy and at the end, how to apply rent increases, your rights as a landlord and your tenants rights, areas to be careful of and amongst many other common issues, how to gain possession of your property back.
And if you come across a sticky situation or just want some more advice, you can take advantage of our 12 month HELPLINE (included within the initial cost) and we can talk you through any problems or questions you might have.
Our Fee = the Equivalent to 3 weeks rent plus V.A.T and that’s it! Or ….
Our Part Managed Service to you covers all of the above PLUS:
- Prepare an Inventory of the Schedule of Condition of the property, its décor, fittings and furnishings.
- Rent collection service & remittance to your specified bank account.
- Instruction of yearly Gas Safety certificate
- Register the Deposit with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) on your behalf and provide details to your tenant(s) in line with government approved procedures.
- In the instance of rent arrears, to send all appropriate paperwork
- Serve all legal notices required, including possession notices
- Negotiate and extend tenancies as required
- Complete a thorough check out and compile a report at the end of the tenancy
- Arrange any deductions or the return of the deposit as appropriate
- Prepare any documentation necessary for any disputes to be put forward to the dispute service arbitration
- Pay interim utility accounts, provided the rental account is in credit. The Deposit Protection will be in Country and Coastal Lettings name, within the Deposit Protection Service, so you will not need to complete any associated paperwork that is outlined above.
Our Fees: 3 Weeks rent plus V.A.T and just 7% + V.A.T (8.4% inc. V.A.T) of the monthly rental income!*
OUR FULLY MANAGED SERVICE INCLUDES:
All of the above! Plus …
- Regular property inspections and subsequent reports
- All maintenance issues dealt with and necessary repairs arranged
Our VAT Inclusive Fees: 3 Weeks rent and just 9% plus V.A.T (10.8% inc.VAT) of the monthly rental income!*
Please note: You only pay one of the above fee structures. Ie: If you would like a part-managed service, you don’t pay the tenant find fee AND the part managed fee. Unsure? Please give us a call!
*Subject to a minimum monthly commission of £65 plus VAT (£78 inc VAT)